Friday, October 13, 2017

Cubs Win

It was a good game until Chicago broke it open. Washington rallied but not enough. That plus a challenge play ended the Nationals season.

No biggie. I'm watching some baseball again, but have no REAL rooting interest. I don't like the Yankees much, but if they win the whole thing, it simply makes the Twins look better.

This is the first year I really noticed the pace or speed of the games. They are much longer than I remember. I might be losing my interest in the sport.

Last night Gotham was written by Ben McKenzie, the actor who pays James Gordon. Wow. He knows the characters and HOW to tell a story. Their best episode yet. And that's saying a lot.

Maybe I'd rather watch scripted television than live events. Sports that aren't YOUR team start to suffer by comparison. With things like Hulu, Netfix, and Apple TV, there's always something good on.


1 comment:

  1. Gotham ROCKED! Great mix of humor, drama, and character development. And the pace is MUCH more tolerable than trying to watch the Yankees. They have to be the slowest team in MLB. Their deliberate gaps between pitches thrown and pitches taken at bat are insufferable!

    ReplyDelete