Monday, January 21, 2013

The Brothers Harbaugh

I admit that I really wanted Brady to get back to the Super Bowl, but at the same time I want the Niners and their offense to win it all, anyway, so what happened in new England yesterday didn't bother me that much. I didn't even bother watching the fourth quarter.

But what DID happen was pretty cool anyway. The two Harbaugh brothers will be facing each other from opposing sidelines in two weeks. We all knew that might happen, but with all those teams in the playoffs and so many possible matchups, this actually kind of took me by surprise.

Joe Flacco was super impressive yesterday. He's got a great arm, but primarily he was hitting a lot of receivers in short patterns looking more like Tom Brady yesterday than Tom Brady himself.

The Niners came back from a 17 point deficit. That was pretty amazing in itself. They didn't have the same offense they had on the field against the Packers, but they still mamaged to score alot of points FAST oncde they got started. The ending had me on the edge of my seat. Atlanta has won SO MANY games this year on their last drive, I was actually afraid they were going to do it again.

Thankfully the right team won.

And now we have a Russian novel to look forward to in just two short weeks.

The Brothers Harbaugh.

Okay, it doesn't quite have the ring of "The Brothers Karamazov" but it should still have a lot of drama.

(Side note: My favorite character name in the above mentioned novel? This really weenie character who had no spine for standing up to anyone. Marmadalov. The Russian word for marmalade. Literally, he was jelly. Don't tell me Dostoyevsky didn't have a sense of humor.)


No comments:

Post a Comment