Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Vikings

Like most fans, I can't believe how exciting the last few weeks have been. Sunday's game was the first time in ages where I actually had to get up and pace  during the fourth quarter. I simply could no longer just sit there and watch. It was too exciting and I was too nervous.

That's how football should be. I've missed enjoying a game like that. Every down mattered. Every play mattered. Every stupid ref call had me yelling at the TV.

That was the greatest game the Vikings have played since their NFC  championship game three seasons ago. It's the first game since THAT game that a game really mattered. The Twins have been so awful lately that it's been basically THREE years since I've cared about sports at all.

If you're not a sports fan, you can't know that feeling. If you are a sports fan, you felt it Sunday and it felt good. REAL GOOD.

Man, I've missed that feeling. I'm hoping the game is close enough on Saturday that I feel it again. You can't fake that feeling, but when it's there, you don't want it to leave. That's what being a sports junkie is all about. And you need a good team that wins to feel it.

I'm hoping that the Vikings ARE that team and I get to feel it a while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment