Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Football

With the Vikings off to such a horrible start and Green Bay and San Francisco not doing much better, I'm not enjoying the season much so far. I found myself rooting for the Chicago Bears on Sunday night just because they were playing so well. I wasn't rooting so much for the team, but how good this team LOOKED when they killed the Steelers.

I also found out last night that the ONLY team I'm really rooting for consistently, at this point in the season, is the Denver Broncos. Peyton Manning IS my favorite quarterback and so far this season the Broncos are undefeated. I'm thinking that Manning throwing 12 TDs through just three games has something to do with that. I can't believe that Ponder and the Vikings are even in the same league with Manning and the Broncos. The difference in the level of play is just jarring.

Getting used to the Vikings being a bad team has been easier than I expected. The Twins being horrible has helped me accept the idea that my enjoyment of life has nothing to do with how bad my favorite teams are playing.

Ignoring them is way better and easier than caring about another loss. Someday, when Gardy and Frazier are memories from a distant past, both the Twins and the Vikings will be better teams again, but until then I'll just watch the better match-ups of the better teams that play the games. I can be content in that for awhile.

The Twins and Vikings losing still hurts, but not like when I expected them to win. Lowered expectations can be a blessing in disguise.

Go Manning! Go Broncos!


No comments:

Post a Comment