Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Twins WIN!!!!!

It's not often I get excited about the Twins winning. Part of the reason is that, lately, they haven't won at all.

Last night was different. Pelfrey was pitching great through four and I was thinking how rare it was for a Twins to give up NO runs this late in the game. But then the fifth came and the Tigers scored three runs and then they got more on base and I thought this was it, we're going to give up a dozen runs tonight. I turned it off and came back an inning later.

The Tigers had the bases loaded with one out, and even though the score was still miraculously still 3-0, I turned it off thinking, "well this is it" again.

But something unusual happened last night. The Twins gave up no more runs. They came back and tied the game in the bottom of the ninth, and they WON it in the bottom of the 11th.

As my dad used to say, "I didn't look for that."

With a week left in season, any win is a good win. And it was nice for us to beat the division leading Tigers.

No comments:

Post a Comment