Monday, September 9, 2013

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly II

I realized something else yesterday as well. I AM a Minnesota Twins fan. I didn't get to see any of the game yesterday, but I did read about it and look for highlights online.

Albers pitched ANOTHER great game, but the Twins offense couldn't score, so they ended up losing 2-0. And when I see that, it STILL bothers me. The Twins have not fielded a good team since they have moved to Target Field. Most of the problem has been inadequate starting pitching, but there is so much more wrong with this ball club than just starting pitching.

Baseball, for me, is different than football. I don't seek out good teams or great teams and watch them instead. I don't watch college baseball. Other teams and other leagues are not the same as watching MY Twins.

I may HATE my Twins right now, but they are still MY Twins.

I am looking forward to the playoffs this year because I still enjoy watching good baseball, but without the Twins being involved it's really NOT the same thing.

I still turn nearly every Twins game on and watch it at least for a little while. I like watching young players get key hits and I love watching young pitchers make great pitches. If the Twins falter early, it's easy to turn the game off and wait for the NEXT game. But I'm still going to catch that next game. At least PART of it.

Because I enjoy MY Twins. I won't waste my time on a really bad game because the same rule applies as the football game rule I mentioned last blog. I don't want to waste my time watching a bad TV show. But the next game might be a good TV show, so I'll watch that.

And I like watching MY Twins even though I HATE them right now.

That's what lets me know that I'm still a Twins fan.

Another decade of Gardy, and I may change my mind.

Another decade of Gardy, and I'll start looking at the Twins like I currently look at the Vikings.




No comments:

Post a Comment