Monday, April 28, 2014

NFL Play-Off Tickets

I had a long rant a while back about an NFL fan who was suing the league because Super Bowl Tickets were "too expensive". I laughed at him.

Now, another fan is suing the league for $50 million because the league's policy is to deliberately discriminate against folks who want to buy play-off tickets based on where they live. In this case, he was a lifelong 49er's fan who recently moved to Las Vegas. He got his ticket request in for the 49ers/ Seahawks NFC Championship game about as fast as humanly possible, but later found out that he wasn't even considered for a ticket because he didn't live in the immediate geographical area surrounding Washington. In other words, people in southern Canada, just above Washington, could have their ticket requests considered, but his weren't.

He's saying that's pre-planned discrimination and that it is simply wrong. He says it should be first come, first served for any available tickets and that he's suing the league for a large amount of money to get their attention and to change the policy. If someone WANTS those tickets and is willing to pay for them, they should be given a reasonable chance at them.

I agree with him. I hope he wins, And I hope other fans who lost out on ticket opportunities follow suit as well. It's hard enough to get those tickets, but one of the reasons should not be based on where you live.

My money is as good as any Canuck's. And America is the land of opportunity. It's time to end discrimination in America against rich sports fans.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

No comments:

Post a Comment