Monday, April 7, 2014

WWE

People who know me KNOW I like the WWE. Yesterday, I decided to subscribe to their new network for 6 months and see if it's as good as I've heard.

It is.

I watched the 3 1/2 hour Hall of Fame ceremony yesterday, celebrating the careers of all-time greats like Ultimate Warrior, Jake The Snake Roberts, and Paul Bearer.

And then I watched Wrestlemania last night for 4 more hours through my flawless Apple TV.

Total cost for this experience? Just $10 a month.

On PPV itself Wrestlemania costs upwards of $75 with tax and fees in HD.

What a bargain.

The PPV itself was a bit disappointing. As much as I like the returning Brock Lesnar, I didn't want to see him beat the Undertaker's perfect streak at Wrestlemania. Undertaker is now 21-1 thanks to a Lesnar F5. The 75,000 fans were left stunned at the event last night, and I think this is the sign that Undertaker, now 50 years old, is headed into the sunset.

Highlights? Ceasaro picking up Big Show and dropping him over the top rope to win the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, and Daniel Bryan winning TWICE last night in the two best matches of the event. He beat Triple H to qualify for the main event championship match and then went on to capture the combined titles of the main event.

Yes, it's all scripted. It's not real. But the athleticism IS. And Daniel Bryan deserved the "win."

This is the front page of a New Orleans paper today. They get it. And so do I.


No comments:

Post a Comment