Monday, October 12, 2015

Baseball

I watched a bit of the Toronto game last night. I got to see the big 3-run home run for the Jays in the sixth.

Still not in a playoff watching mood. The Twins not making it has definitely affected my enjoyment of the games. I didn't think it would but it has. Maybe I'll enjoy the next rounds more.

Chase Utley was suspended for two games for his high, hard, late slide. His agent says its an outrage. Me? I think that baseball has always allowed players to "break up the double play." I didn't say that was a good thing, though. A lot of good second basemen and shortstops have been hurt seriously from that play over the decades. They've protected catchers at home this season. Maybe this is the first step in protecting unprotected infielders.

Now if they could get pitchers to stop beaning batters on purpose...

No comments:

Post a Comment