Sunday, October 4, 2015

Twins and Gophers Get Beat

The Gophers offered nothing against Northwestern yesterday. They don't look anything like last year's squad. I've lost all interest in them. It took me years to lose interest in them the first time. It's easier to let go this time. There are lots of better college teams to watch and it's easier to find those teams to watch because they get the prime slots.

The Twins season is ending with a whimper. I still enjoyed their season, but after watching Angels highlights this morning, it's obvious the Angels want it far more. The Astros and Angels are still battling for a playoff spot and Texas is still fighting for the division title. That division is already hot in the middle of the playoffs.

But the coolest thing yesterday? Max Scherzer pitched his second no-hitter of the season for the Nationals. I thought that Nolan Ryan doing that when I was a kid was unbelievable. Max's performance simply amazed me. I hated that the Twins lost yesterday, but baseball has not lost its magic. I'm still looking forward to the playoffs. There's some awfully good teams still playing for the prize. Go baseball!

No comments:

Post a Comment