Friday, August 3, 2012

Deduno Does It Again

Samuel Deduno looks like he's for real as the Twins got their seventh straight very good start. This time Deduno pitched 6 shutout innings while the bullpen was perfect for 3 more in the Twins shutout of Boston 5-0. For the second straight game Deduno gave up just TWO hits.

The Twins young starters are giving me some hope for the future. Deduno walked four again but his slider and curve are super sweet. Maybe he should just stop throwing his fastball so much. It's not like he really needs it. His ERA in three starts for the Twins is less than ONE. I'm sure that can't continue, but I look forward to the rest of his starts this season.

More hope for the future? Revere had another hit last night extending his current streak to 16 games. His defense in the outfield has always made me smile but this recent offensive surge makes me think he's got what it takes for the long haul. He might only hit singles, but his speed then puts him on second more often then not.

Morneau is whacking the ball again and Doumit and Dozier are knocking the stuffing out of the ball lately as well. It's making the Twins worth watching.

Duensing gets the start tonight. (I admit that he still worries me some.)

No comments:

Post a Comment