Saturday, August 23, 2014

Twenty!

I hate to admit it, but I stopped watching the game last night after Detroit came back to make the game 6-5, the Twins having blown a 6-1 lead. I figured, well here we go again...

But it was the Twins who scored 14 more runs in the sixth, seventh, and eighth inning to club the Tigers like baby seals. The final was 20-6, the most runs in a major league game this season.

I was just talking to Tom the Retired Twins Fan yesterday morning about how it SEEMED like the Twins offense should be a lot better than it is. They HAVE some good players.

Last night, they showed Detroit that.

Eduardo Escobar had five hits himself including a homer and a triple. Santana, Arcia, and Plouffe also had homers.

The Twins ended up with 9 walks and twenty hits. They now lead the majors with 113 runs scored in August (that's in twenty games.)

Great game. I just missed the best part.

Double header today. We'll see if the hitting continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment