Monday, February 17, 2020

XFL: Week Two

I didn't get to see as much of the action this week, but I did get to see at least half of each game.

And I'm still enjoying it. The first game on Saturday was an absolute blow-out, BUT at least the team that got beat was the New York team, and it seems everybody like to see any New York beat, even if it's a new league.

The other games were much closer and had more scoring, especially in the second halves.

I do miss the accurate passing, and better receiving skills of the NFL and top college teams,
but I just love the phrenetic pace of the league. If you didn't like one play, don't worry, there'll be another one in about 20 seconds.

And seeing the booth official examine controversial plays while talking to refs on the field is still very cool.

The ratings last week were very good. Attendance was higher than expected as well. This week's overall attendance was up over last week's too.

BUT it had stiffer competition for TV viewers. Nascar had a race ultimately called because of rain, and the NBA had its All Star game activities.

We won't get all the ratings for a couple days yet, though Saturday's should be announced sometime today.

I was asked to comment on baseball's proposed new play-off system last week. I think I'll wait until the regular season is closer for that...

No comments:

Post a Comment