Thursday, October 11, 2012

Baseball RULES!

Two more great games yesterday.

A-Rod has been really struggling at the plate lately and manager Joe Garardi had a tough call to make last night. He benched one of the greatest power hitters of all-time and replaced him with a pinch-hitter, Raul Ibanez, in the ninth inning. Ibanez then hit the game-tying homerun.

In the 12th, when Ibanez came up again, he hit the GAME-WINNING home run.

Now, I'm rooting for Baltimore to win this series as much as anybody, but more than anything, I appreciate heroic play-off baseball. I got that last night. I was really disappointed that the Oriloles lost, but there is no way I couldn't appreciate what made that happen. A truly unbelievable game...

Perhaps better?

Oakland is the team with the the $50 million roster. They trailed in the series two games to one and were on the brink of extinction down 3-1 in the bottom of the ninth, offering no real offense against Detroit all night long.

But WHAT A BOTTOM OF THE NINTH.

A double with two on and a single by Coco Crisp with two out gave lowly Oakland the improbable win last night to send the series to a deciding game 5. I had went to bed in the seventh figuring it was pretty much over seeing Detroit's pitching dominance the entire series.

Why was this better? The team I was rooting for WON!

Four games yesterday and the TWO prime-time games were off the charts unbelievable. Baseball has it's own mystique. Yesterday that mystique turned me into a nine-year old kid again. Magic.




No comments:

Post a Comment