Saturday, March 23, 2013

Gophers CLUB UCLA

Most of that first half was pretty hard to watch. Players couldn't shoot. Rebounds weren't held onto. The play was both sloppy and plodding. I went to bed before the first half was even over. It was just too difficult to watch.

But the Gophers exploded after that and absolutely destroyed number fifth seed UCLA. The final was 83-63 and the Gophers are now in the round of 32. They deserved it. This was no lucky victory. This was dominance. I'm looking forward to the next game. I haven't said that about the Gophers in quite a while.

Biggest upset? Number two Georgetown was beaten by number 15 Florida Gulf Coast. No, I had never heard of that team before yesterday either. I know MOST like this tournament because of the brackets and all of the betting. Some like it just for those big "upsets." But as I've pointed out over the last several months, I don't see upsets any more. The teams are all just too even at this level. A hot hand can make the difference in any game.

As long as the Gophers are playing well, I'll keep watching though. The Gophers probably won't be winning a national championship this year, but weirder things have happened. The Big Ten was pretty dominant in first round games, so I hope that continues as well.

I haven't caught March Madness yet, but I might be developing a little fever.

No comments:

Post a Comment