Thursday, March 28, 2013

Worley FINALLY Looks Better

I won't say he looked great, because his first inning was still pretty rocky, but Vance Worley finally had a good enough effort yesterday to look like he could be of some help to the Twins this season. He got the win and managed 5 strikeouts in five innings while only allowing two runs. In his previous 5 starts his ERA was close to 6.50 and he had given up 27 hits in just 17 innings.

Am I optimistic? Nope. I'm just happy that if he is the Twins opening day starter that he's finally given me a glimmer of hope that he won't be the total disaster that I'm currently anticipating. Offensively the Twins had 13 hits yesterday, but looking at the box score, I'd say most of those guys aren't going to be on the roster when Monday's opener rolls around. They are just giving the Twins a glimpse of who we may see coming up in the next season or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment