Friday, March 15, 2013

Pelfrey

In my last blog I mentioned that I have no idea who the Twins will have as their five-man rotation when the season starts. It still doesn't appear that we even have five good candidates. Mike Pelfrey, another Tommy John surgery recipient,  gave up five runs and six hits in just two innings of work yesterday.

He's actually getting WORSE as spring training progresses. I know the Twins signed him to a one year deal worth $4 million, so they PLAN on him being one of the starters, but at this point I think I'd trust Bert Blyleven more.

Diamond and Worley seem like locks. DeVries and Deduno seem like real possibilities.

But guys like Correia, May, and Pelfrey, (the guys we got through questionable trades) don't look better than Liam Hendricks. May has already been assigned to the minors.

The Twins can either start their worthless offseason acquisitions OR most of the same guys they had at the end of last season. I'd rather take my chances with Deduno, Devries, Diamond, and Hendriks than the the drek we acquired during the offseason. The jury is still out on Worley.

If the Twins have already paid Correia and Pelfrey, they may be forced to use them no matter what.

That's just sad.

Ryan isn't the same GM he was the last time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment