Thursday, May 2, 2013

Gardy, THIS is What GOOD Pitching Looks Like!

I'm coming to terms with my dislike of the Twins this year.

I know at some point something will have to be done with Pelfrey and Worley. I also know that guys like Deduno, DeVries, and Gibson are still healing in the minors. All I know is that until Worley or Pelfrey have dramatic turn-arounds or are replaced, I simply cannot enjoy this Twins season.

KNOWING that those two pitch back to back and are going to give you a two game losing streak every few games is unhinging if you are a real fan. If you can't look forward to each game, you can't enjoy your team. It's MAY and those guys have a combined ERA OVER 7.50. We got rid of Liriano because he was over 5.50!

I would settle for ANY minor league arm that's healthy right now, even Hendricks, over those two walking disaster areas. Knowing they are pitching is like going to the dentist each day for a root canal. It's absolute dread because they are absolutely dreadful.

The Twins and Diamond beat a very good Tiger's pitcher yesterday. More of that please. And less dread.

We only signed Pelfrey to a one year deal. He's either no good or not yet ready. In either case, we should NOT be conceding a victory every fifth start just because he's under contract. Put him in the minors to heal or cut him. He should not be seeing any more major league work until he can prove himself.

I don't know what to do with Worley. He's been signed to a multi-year contract and I can't think of anyone who would want him in a trade. Not even his old Phillies team.

No comments:

Post a Comment