Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Happiness

I am SO GLAD I went to bed last night just as the ninth inning started. The Twins had a 5-4 lead at the time and I did not want to be in a foul mood if the Brewers would tie it or win it in the bottom of the ninth.

What I saw last night was very good. THREE home runs by the Twins early was great. Seeing Aaron Hicks rob former Twin Carlos Gomez of a home run in the second was great. Getting a 4-0 lead for Scott Diamond was also great.

BUT as the game went on, it was harder and harder to watch, by the time it was tied 4-4 I had had enough. That the Twins took the lead one last time before I went to bed was good enough for me. I didn't want to see it go south again.

Perkins ultimately DID give up the tying run in the bottom of the ninth so I'm glad I missed that. I'm also glad that I missed nearly HALF the game as the Twins didn't win it until the 14th.

They won. I got a good night's sleep and I get to be excited now as I type this as if it just happened.

Come to think of it, I get up so early, that it DID just happen.  That was a long game.


No comments:

Post a Comment