Saturday, May 10, 2014

Wild Win

My local cable company, Mediacom, does not carry the channel that shows the Wild. Normally I wouldn't care, but with the series with the Blackhawks now tied, I'm kinda wishin' I could see at least a bit of their games.

Part of the problem is that NBC puts the games on their not-very-available NBC Sports channel (only 25% of cable providers place it their 2nd tier programming) and part of the problem is that the NHL doesn't make a better deal for their product so that people can watch it on real channels. Fuel and Versus come to mind.

ESPN, for instance, is carried by all major providers and often has audiences of over 20 million viewers. NBC Sports One has yet to crack 100,000 viewers for a single prime time show.

A rinky-dink product gets a rinky-dink network I guess.

Anyway, the series is tied 2-2, and though I don't expect the Wild to win the series, (they are a Minnesota sports team after all) I'm suspecting that Blackhawks fans are now sweating buckets after not taking us seriously at the beginning of the series.

That in itself is a win for me.

Go Wild! I hear the next round of playoffs will be on REAL channels.

Though that's just a rumor for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment