Monday, October 29, 2012

Good Game, Bad Series

The Giants had a good game last night. The problem is that they were so good in the series, that we had to settle for just 4 games in the World Series itself.

Detroit got swept and they lost the last two games at home. Their fans must be shocked and bitterly disappointed. They killed the mighty Yankees and were the World Series favorites.

The Giants turned out to be the dominant team. I hate it when the Series ends this fast. A few more games would have provided more memorable moments. A sweep means the Giants were never in any real trouble. Drama was lost. And the only fans who really liked what happened last night live in California. My guess is the ratings for these four games will be less than usual. Without the drama of close games and a close series, casual viewers look for something else.

Even I went to be last night when there was a pitching change in the ninth. I figured what happened next wasn't nearly as important as getting a good night's sleep. It turns out I was right. Even in the best game of the series, not enough was going on to keep me awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment