Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ramblings

Not much was happening yesterday in the world of  sports, but tonight, when I get back from church, I'm looking forward to the ending of the first World Series game. Verlander has been the best pitcher in baseball for a couple years now. Barry Zito looked like his old self last time out for the Giants.

Games like this are usually low scoring affairs with late inning heroics by somebody. That's what I'm hoping for both tonight and all series long. I guess at this point I'm rooting for the Tigers to win and Delmon to continue his monster tear.

Two or three games from now I may change my mind. More than anything I want it to go down to the ninth inning in game seven. That's what makes baseball so special.

I guess I failed to mention that the Lynx missed their chance at a second consecutive WNBA title last week. I found myself watching a couple of minutes of each game and not caring what I saw. MAYBE if they were winning those games I would have cared more, But as it is, I didn't care at all.

Ozzie Guillen was fired again. This time the Marlins had the honor of dismissing him.

Why? Let's face it, Ozzie has a big mouth and it gets him in trouble. I'm not sure any other team will give him another chance at managing, but we'll probably see him and his face on sports shows all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment