Wednesday, September 18, 2013

No Thought

I'm trying not to pay attention to the Vikings this season. I knew going in that they'd most likely lose the first two games of the season, and predicted exactly that.

I said the primary reason would be the inability of Ponder to play the QB position. I also said that would be compounded by the coaches forcing Ponder to be a pocket passer way more often than he should be.

I hate being right all the time when it comes to predicting doom for the Vikings. But what caught my attention the last couple of days was the same thing that caught my attention LAST season. Where coaches on average to bad teams constantly struggle with WHO should be their be their starting QB, Leslie Frazier was quoted again this week as saying he is giving NO THOUGHT to benching Christian Ponder. He assured everyone who asked him, that Ponder is his guy. That's not something he frets about. He admits that there are lots of things that he and his coaching staff are going to tweak and look at, but Ponder as starting QB is not one of them.

Even when he was having an absolutely awful first half against the Bears, Frazier said he gave NO THOUGHT to benching Christian Ponder.

NO THOUGHT.

I've got some advice for Mr. Frazier. 

Start thinking about it.

There is going to come a point in the very near future where your job will depend upon it.


No comments:

Post a Comment