Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Twins Win

I couldn't make it through two innings yesterday. Albers was AWFUL. I came back to watch it in the ninth and was pleasantly surprised to discover that the Twins were up 10-6 at the time and that Colabello had hit two home runs including a grand slam in the ninth.

I keep forgetting just how bad the Astros are. The Twins won there 60th game yesterday, so there's an awfully good chance they will not lose 100 games this season. They only have to win three of their remaining 26 to avoid triple digit losses. I'm not predicting anything at this point, but I do think the Twins have a great chance for at least 63 wins.

"Alvis," my new nickname for recently acquired Alex Presly, walked twice and scored once as the Twins new leadoff man. And Plouffe and Dozier each hit a homerun each as well.

This is still better than the last two seasons, so I am still enjoying some of these games. Hernandez, who is trying to win a roster spot for next year, gets the nod as the Twins starter tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment