Saturday, August 9, 2014

Sheamus

I'm a pop culture junkie. At least in a few areas.-- comics, movies and wrestling. I had that pointed out to me by the world's strongest twin yesterday. I know things about each of those subjects that the average person doesn't know. Where my twin is scouring the internet for Twins news from all over, I'm doing that AND finding entertainment news.

Case in point:

I like Sheamus, a red-headed wrestler from Ireland who is one of the WWE's finest. At 6 foot 4 and 270 pounds, he just LOOKS like he belongs there.

I also like Star Wars. I'm regularly following news surrounding the latest feature that J.J. Abrams is making for Disney.

The problem is that Disney and Abrams are keeping as silent about the movie and its production as much as Apple keeps their new product launches under wraps, so you have to dig for news like a detective.

What I've discovered:

1. Sheamus, before he was a WWE wrestler, did promotional work for the Star Wars movies as Darth Vader in the early 2000's.

2. Sheamus was listed as not available for wrestling in WWE events the last two weeks because he "had the flu". This is odd for several reasons. One is that the WWE usually doesn't tell anybody when someone is sick AND most performers MAY take a night or two off if they are REALLY, REALLY sick. But no one takes two weeks off IN ADVANCE from being sick with flu.

3.Sheamus was not in the states at home being sick. He was in his native Ireland.

Now you may think that everybody likes being at "real home" when they are sick. But if you have the flu, the last thing you are going to do when you are sick and can't work is take a transatlantic flight in  hopes of getting rest. With most bugs, you'll be better before you even touch down.

And we then find out he wasn't  even visiting his hometown, he was at an isolated village that happened to be filming...

...promotional work for the new Star Wars film.

Nobody is confirming or denying anything, but most fans, who follow this sort of thing, are speculating that Sheamus will be taking David Prowse's place in the Vader suit this time around in all the new Star Wars movies.

My younger brother, who is an even bigger Star Wars geek, asked a legitimate question about this to me yesterday, "How would they be using him?" You know because he's dead.

My answer. I don't know. But it's enough to give a WWE geek, who happens to be a Star Wars geek too, goosebumps.

It gave us both goosebumps.

I SAID we were geeks.

My twin brother thinks we're nuts.

Who is to say he's not right?


No comments:

Post a Comment