Sunday, May 3, 2015

Draft

The Vikings final draft pick was another linebacker, Edmond Robinson. He's the first pick ever from Division II Newberry. Ben Goessling from ESPN says at 6' 3'' and 245 he's going to have to ADD WEIGHT to have a chance with Minnesota.

This is after the brief discussion the Nimble One and I had yesterday about the 225 pound linebacker (Eric Kendrik) we got in round two. (His LISTED weight of 232 is an exaggeration.) I'm 225 pounds. I couldn't move a 350 pound lineman if my life depended on it. And I'm deceptively quick as well (at my age I've been known to get from my bed to the bathroom in under two minutes...)

It's amazing what a good weight program will do for these guys in the next couple of years. I'm looking forward to the Vikings this season. Except for one dark cloud...


1 comment:

  1. If you take a look at Kendrick's physique he isn't really cut or defined. I expect this to change once he gets on a NFL weight lifting program. I'm guessing the Vikings will have him to 235 this season and maybe 245 next season. I guess it all depends on what roll they will give him.

    ReplyDelete