Thursday, January 21, 2016

History

The NFL has made history. Kathryn Smith has been named by the Buffalo Bills as their Special Teams Quality Coach. The first woman to ever have a full-time coaching job in the NFL. I still haven't found out exactly what she will do, but she will have "various responsibilities" while working with the other two special teams coaches ranked higher than her on the team.

I guess it's a real position because she is replacing someone else who previously had the position.

I just find it weird that no one can tell me what exactly she will do and is what she will be responsible for.

Kind of like Brad Childress I guess.

Last month the Seattle Mariners hired Amanda Hopkins as a full-time area scout, something no woman has done since the 1950's. Personally, I think that's way cooler.

Partly because I know what that is.

Congrats to both.

1 comment: