Monday, January 4, 2016

Vikings

The electricity went off at our house last night at the end of third quarter.

By the time it came back on 38 minutes later I was already in bed. I figured I either missed a Green Bay comeback or a Minnesota win. In either case I stayed in bed and checked the highlights this morning. I didn't want to have to wake up again either way.

The Packers are not the team we once feared.

That team is now Seattle, and by winning that game last night, the Vikings now have a much harder game next week than Green Bay does. In the back of my mind I always knew that would happen. But getting to the Super Bowl  is never easy. Carolina, Arizona, and Seattle are the best teams in the NFC this season and we'll probably have to beat all of them to play for the prize.

It's nice that we're still playing. It's nice to win the division. But winning it all is the reason you play.  The Vikings don't look like much when they are winning, but they win.

I dread next week's matchup against a red-hot Seattle team, but it sure beats not having a home playoff game next week. Or no play-off game at all.

Go Vikes!

And good job Green Bay. You took the easy way out. That's not a bad place to be in, either. It may actually prove the smarter route to the Super Bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment