Sunday, January 19, 2014

Goon Squads

The Calgary Flames started their fourth line (the goon squad) in their NHL game with Vancouver last night. Two seconds after the game started everybody was fighting. Eight ejections soon followed. And more fights later, including the coach outside the locker room.

The ads I've seen recently, proclaiming the greatest of the NHL, all involve blood and scars.

Fans of NHL hockey are fans of violence. The league caters to them. Those ads and last night's game are just further examples of that.

I will never waste my money and time on them.

Olympic hockey is coming up soon. I'm afraid the NHL style will affect them as well. I prefer my hockey with more scoring and less enforcing. I'm anxious to see if that's still possible.

Olympic hockey is the best in the world. Sadly, those days may be ending as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment