Sunday, May 5, 2013

Floyd Mayweather Bores Fight Fans Again

Floyd's been in jail for some domestic violence charges over the last year. He came back last night as if he had never left and fought a defensive fight for a 12 round unanimous decision.

And even though he's 44-0 now and picked up at least $32 million in the process, the 36 year-old fighter BORED the fight fans who came to watch him. He's great at ducking and landing quick punches, but he RARELY puts fighters away.

I always wonder why fans who HATE his style keep paying record amounts of money to see his fights? It's not like he's suddenly became a boring fighter. He's ALWAYS been a boring fighter. Yes, he's undefeated, and in this modern era of fighting, that in itself is amazing.

But he's still a boring fighter.

I used to like his fights when I was younger, now I just wait to read how boring he was in victory. I appreciate his greatness. I just don't enjoy watching it. It's kind of like watching the best soccer team in the world win 1-0 by a deflected goal.

It's a win, but it's still soccer.

Floyd wins, but it's still soccer.

No comments:

Post a Comment