Saturday, May 18, 2013

There's More to Life Than Baseball

Vance Worley finely had a nice game. One UNEARNED run in 6 innings, and Gardy got him out of there to keep his confidence up.

But the bullpen failed, Mauer was on the bench with a sore back, and Justin Morneau's hitting streak was snapped.

The result was another Twins loss.

I only saw the go-ahead run in the 10th, because I was gone all night.

I saw the latest Star Trek movie with good friends in St James instead.  The tickets were just FOUR dollars each. A REALLY large popcorn was only $5 and the seating was so cool. We had front row seats with the movie screen back across a stage. AND the picture and sound was digital. Total cost for 4 people to have EVENING tickets and all the popcorn they could eat was $26. For those of you slow with math, that translates to only $6.50 each. That's less than the price of a matinee ticket in the New Ulm theater. And they weren't showing Star Trek.

We all liked the movie but I don't think it was as good as Iron Man 3 last week. I personally like my action movies with a little LESS action and more moments of quiet reflection. The phrenetic pace of this movie, especially sitting in the front row, made my eyes hurt.

The theaters Dolby sound, though unbelievably good, was a bit loud for my tastes, especially in a movie where half the screen time was something blowing up loudly.

All in all, I did enjoy the night, the movie, and time with great friends. And it sure was better than watching yet ANOTHER heartbreaking Twins loss.

Did I mention that two of us dressed up as Kirk and Spock? Thankfully, there is no photographic evidence of the event.



No comments:

Post a Comment