Thursday, August 2, 2012

Mankato Roadtrip

The latest Batman movie was absolutely fantastic. But I think I enjoyed it way more than the average moviegoer because I've read so many of the comics and have watched all the recent cartoons as well. So much of the pleasing aspect of the movie was that they really did incorporate so much of the source material while introducing a great  new version of an old character.

Even better? I got to share the movie with my youngest brother who is as big a Batman geek as I am.

AND the Casually Observing Wife spotted something I hadn't figured out yet during the movie. She had her geek on as well.

Because I liked the movie SO much, I have to admit that Vikings training camp placed a distant second on the enjoyment meter. I probably would have enjoyed it more if it wasn't so hot. As Paul Douglas always liked to say, "good old-fashioned stinking hot."

We ended up leaving early as a result. IF anyone else is planning on going, I'd suggest you spend time in the merchandise tent and play some of the free games (for kids) and activities early and just watch the last hour or so of practice. The real scrimmaging is fun (and close-up).

Simpson made a really nice catch after a great long pattern yesterday and Webb looks like the fastest most elusive man on the planet.

Toby Gerhart took most of the running back snaps and Adrian Peterson was as far away as you could possibly imagine doing very little because of his status. That was pretty disappointing.

Biggest surprise? Percy Harvin and his tiny little calves. He looks so small out there compared to everyone else.

It was the best day of summer for me so far and a GREAT double-header. And the chicken strip meal at Perkins last night finished it off perfectly. French Fries AND mashed potatoes? What a country.

Pizza Ranch tonight with even more family!!! It's just keeps getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment