Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Friday Stuff

Looks like Blogger has stopped working with my Mac. I can edit old posts but I can't make new ones. So I'll keep updating here for awhile until I can get new posts.

The Vikes had 560 yards of offense last night and still only scored 24 points. It was all second, third and forth stringers anyway.

The Twins lost. Willingham had an error that allowed a run to score AND hit this 33rd homerun. Hoping Blogger will work differently soon.

OLD STUFF NEXT...




Mauer On Trade-Waiver List PLUS THURSDAY

The Twins actually placed Mauer on this list to gauge interest from other teams. Though Mauer has a no-trade clause in his contract, he's always said that he wants to play on a competitive team. No one expects anything to happen THIS season, but it sure opens up the door for the future.

Mauer is a good ball player but he's getting paid like someone who is an elite superstar. IF the Twins can ditch that contract and start acquiring reasonably priced talent again, the team's potential will grow by leaps and bounds.

We might even be able to keep Willingham.


MY BLOGGER ISN'T WORKING THIS MORNING SO I'M POSTING HERE!

DEDUNO!!!!

Sam Deduno had a rough start last time out. Last night he gave up just two hits AND NO WALKS in seven innings of work as the Twins offense suddenly came to life as well. The final was 10-0.

The 3D's of Diamond, Deduno, and De Vries really are starting to look like Twins starters and not just guys filling in. Deduno's extreme wildness simply vanished last night. He was amazing.

Other great stuff? Willingham hit his 32nd homer. Plouffe ended a homerun drought that had went more than 100 at bats and Joe Mauer responded with three singles after his waiver announcement.

All in all it was a great night of baseball.
And I'm still stoked about the "future" Twins. It's just the current product that's difficult to watch.

VIKINGS

Webb gets the start in the last preseason game of the season. I figure I'll miss most of the first half as I'll be in New Ulm tonight. I was hoping to see Webb, but I'll probably see Sage by the time I get home. I'm just hoping they look good before the regular season starts.

I know that's hoping for a lot.

Sure hope blogger fixes their problems by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment