Friday, August 3, 2012

More Olympics

I was watching the U.S. basketball team yesterday afternoon destroy Nigeria. I stopped watching when the U.S. set an all-time record for most three-pointers in a game (14) and it was STILL THE FIRST HALF! Much like Tunisia earlier, they really aren't good enough to be in this tournament.

I just read the U.S. ended up scoring a record 156 points in the game and that none of the starters even played in the second half. This is more embarrassing than anything else. Remember when they discontinued women's softball in the Olympics because the U.S. team was always too good? How is THIS any different? Get rid of basketball or bring back softball. You really shouldn't have it both ways.

I've come to the conclusion that the best time to watch the Olympics is between 9:30 and 10:30 p.m. That's when all the prime events occur where all the U.S. athletes have their best chance at gold. Last night it was Phelps getting his first individual swimming gold and Gabby Douglas winning the women's gymnastics all-around gold. I was SOOO tired last night after another great night out with family at Pizza Ranch that I could barely stay awake. But I'm glad I stayed awake long enough to watch these moments, That's why we all watch the Olympics in the first place.


No comments:

Post a Comment