Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Reality TV

It's seems weird, in the past I never watched any "reality shows" other than American idol. I even stopped watching that last season as I just didn't care any more.

I've also stopped watching most sports on a regular basis. I can't stand watching the Twins lose all the time and the Vikings have been bad just long enough for me to become more indifferent than angry with their losses.

So what do I watch? Not the idiotic reality shows like Big Brother, and Jersey Shore, but the good shows that show people at their actual jobs. As a result sports has been almost completely replaced by Auction Hunters, Storage Hunters, Storage Wars, Pawn Stars, American Pickers. Counting Cars, and American Restoration.

The common theme of these shows? Making money by finding or restoring something collectible. Finding out the history of the things they find makes each even more compelling.

Until the Twins or Vikings become winners again, I have found something to watch and enjoy. I'd prefer local sports teams that win, but until then I can watch augmented reality shows to take their place.

In local sports news: The Twins lost while Target Field was awarded the 2014 All-Star Game.

meh



No comments:

Post a Comment