Sunday, September 23, 2012

Dreading Today's Vikings Game

I'll be able to see most of this game, but I probably won't bother. I expect a slaughter and won't comment unless we somehow are winning.

Green Bay and Seattle play tomorrow night. I expect that game to be much better. New England and Baltimore play tonight. I'm planning on watching some of that game, too.

GAME:

Great first half. This is NOT the conservative Vikings team that has been losing for over a year and a half.

4th and one on the goal line? They WENT for it. An underdog should always do that. We NEVER do. Result: TOUCHDOWN!

The defense puts good pressure on their QB. We get the ball back and let Ponder run as a designed play?  Yes. Result: TOUCHDOWN!

We throw a ball to the middle of the field with hardly any time left in the half and get out of bounds in time? Result: FIELD GOAL as time runs out.

Unbelievable.

Can it last? Still not optimistic, but at least hopeful.

Go VIKINGS!!!

Second Half:

Wow. The Vikes just won EASILY. Despite bad reffing, horrible special teams coverage, and THREE fumbles by Gerhart in the last 3 1/2 minutes, the Vikings beat the team who I thought was the best team in football.

WOW!!!!





3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I saw some improvement from Ponder. I liked how he handled that first touch down play. Greenway was awesome and the entire team played very well. They won that game, SF didn't give it to them.
      I wonder which team they really are. Last weeks or this weeks?

      Delete
  2. Ths short answer? Last week's.

    Just kidding. More in today's blog.

    ReplyDelete