Sunday, September 30, 2012

Vikings

The Vikes get a chance to prove last week wasn't a fluke today. On the plus side, Jerome Simpson is finally available at wide receiver after serving his three game suspension. It's nice that Ponder will finally have a deep threat, though I wasn't especially fond of Simpson and his drops in pre-season.

The Lions QB, Matthew Stafford, is expected to start against the Vikes despite his sore hip.

So much of the Vikings success will depend on their defense putting pressure on Stafford. It didn't hurt that the Vikes only had ONE penalty call last week. With the REAL officials back, they may actually catch more of the Vikings mistakes.

I'm still not optimistic about Minnesota's chances, but at least I'll be watching as long as it's close. I should get home by the end of the first quarter. I'll probably comment if we're winning.


2 comments:

  1. Another win! I didn't see what I was expecting on offense. The defense and special teams won this one. Well, and Detroit's receivers dropping balls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we won that game without really doing anything. EVERYTHING went the Vikings way.

    Even horrible ref calls and really stupid penalties didn't hurt today.

    The season is 1/4 over and we're still in first place...

    ReplyDelete