Monday, September 24, 2012

Twins Sweep Detroit in Double-Header

What a fantastic day of sports yesterday. The Vikings beat the best team in football EASILY and the Twins got great starting pitching from both Diamond and Walters against that unstoppable Detroit offense.

I like Joe Mauer the singles hitter. I just don't like Joe Mauer the billionaire, so I'm going to ignore his contract for a moment and root for him to win the batting title.

I've always wanted SOMEONE to win the triple crown again, but I don't like the Tigers and I really don't like Cabrerra, so GO JOE!

And go young Twins pitchers. Walters has done little to impress so far. But yesterday he was very good. Here's hoping this was just the first of many solid starts for him both this year and years to come. Hendriks, Walters, Diamand, Deduno, and DeVries amy be the Twins staff of the future. All have shown reason for hope. IF the Twins hadn't been so bad the last couple of seasons, most of these guys might never have been given a chance. So there is a reason to celebrate this season. If just TWO of these guys will be dependable starters from here on out, we may have something. IF more than that become full time starters, even this "wasted year" will have been a good one.

Yankees are next. I'll probably watch football. My Pack is in prime-time!

No comments:

Post a Comment