Monday, June 16, 2014

Arcia

I was joking around about Arcia's lousy defense a couple of days ago on this blog.

AND boom, yesterday's finish and Arcia's glove makes be long for the days of Delmon "I got it, I got got it, I don't got it" Young.

It wasn't exactly an easy play for a drunken softball player playing Thursday night leagues in Sleepy Eye, but it should have been a catch for a major league outfielder. That play in the ninth sunk the Twins.

When I was a young baseball fan I ALWAYS thought they should win.

As I got older I realized baseball doesn't work that way, but I still had hope that they could pull it out in the end.

Now, jaded and wiser, I always expect somebody to goof up a perfectly good game.

Yesterday it was Arcia.

It'll be somebody else next game.

Older and wiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment