Sunday, July 1, 2012

Talkin' Baseball

I didn't get to see both games yesterday but I I got  to see most of the second and read about and watch all the highlights of the first game a few times.

Plouffe, Willingham, and Diamond were big deals again yesterday,

And the recently recalled Chris Parmelee and Cole DeVries stepped up big time in the nightcap. The Twins also had seven stolen bases yesterday.

I know they are going nowhere this season, but yesterday was a good day to settle back and enjoy some young players execute pretty well. Let's face it, a sweep of the Royals is not a big accomplishment, but they are ahead of the Twins in the standings and it would be nice to at least catch them by season's end.

Small steps. The season is not yet half over and two Twins are on pace for 34 home run seasons. The bullpen has become outstanding, and guys like Ben Revere are a pleasure to watch both at the plate and in the outfield.

Liriano pitches today. I'm hoping he keeps his recent streak of good performances alive as well. A team's success begins and ends with starting pitching, and I'm more optimistic about our starters than I've been in a while. We are all aware that it  could all come tumbling down today, but right now I'm smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment