Saturday, May 5, 2012

V Day

This coming Monday the legislators of Minnesota have promised to vote on the original stadium bill that was introduced before the Republicans new plan (which has since been dropped.)

It includes (as far as I can tell but I'm getting sick of trying to read and follow all of this) renovation funding for the decrepit capital building (repairs that could cost upwards of a QUARTER BILLION DOLLARS. I talked about this in a different post but it seems inane to me that the legislators are voting THEMSELVES a remodeled office space that only they will really benefit from while ignoring that millions of Minnesotans will enjoy the Vikings for the next several decades for a little over 50% more than they are spending on themselves. The Vikings Stadium will at least PAY for itself. We all know that won't happen with the government. It's a sink hole and a money pit that just keeps getting larger every year.

Anyway, that makes Monday V day. Vote day, or Vikings Day, your choice. It actually could determine a lot in what happens next for our at one-time loved Vikings. V Day will go down in history either way. I'm hoping the V stands for victory, but I'm not dumb enough to hold my breath.


No comments:

Post a Comment