Thursday, December 27, 2012

Adrian Peterson

Adrian left the Texans game early on Sunday due to an abdominal muscle strain.

It's still bothering him. Though both the team and Adrian are saying he'll still play on Sunday, it's more than likely he will not play as much as he's done lately.

His quest for 2,000 yards or Eric Dickerson's record may be over. I still think the Vikes can run the ball, both Spencer and Gerhart can carry the ball just fine, maybe even in a way different enough than Peterson to still have a nice impact.

As always, I'm more concerned about the play of Ponder and the game plan he'll be asked to carry out. The Vikings could win this game. As odd as that sounds, they really could.

The weird thing? I KNOW I am a Vikings bandwagon fan, but what some Vikings season ticket holders are doing right now is downright disgusting. The tickets for this game are going for all SORTS of big money. As a result the season ticket holders are actually re-selling THEIR tickets to Packer fans who have the dough to spend on these things. Yes, they could makes hundred of dollars selling these things but they are also packing the DOME with Packer fans. In other words, so-called Vikings fans are SELLING our homefield advantage away.

I may be a bandwagon fan, but if I had those tickets I would never in a million years sell them to the enemy. That's treason. In effect you are actually HELPING the Packers chances of winning the game.

I LIKE the Packers a lot. I don't mind saying that, but there is no way I'd help them beat the Vikings.

I guess I'm not the worst Viking fan out there. Not by a large margin.

Expect a sea of green and yellow at this Sunday's game courtesy of the Benedict Arnolds who call themselves Viking fans.

May they drown in their own cheese dip made from farm fresh Wisconsin Cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment