Sunday, December 16, 2012

NFL Gameday

Lots of big match-ups today. IF the Vikings plan on an eight game win season, today would seem to be their best chance. The Rams have a good youg QB in Sam Bradford. The Vikings have Adrian Peterson who wants to not just get 2,000 yards rushing this season, but also wants to break Dickerson's all-time record. He needs 133 yards a game for the first goal and over 168 yards a game for the record.

The bigger today's game for Adrian, the better his chances. I don't see a game plan where Ponder is allowed to do much of anything rather than hand the ball off, though that's never stopped Ponder from throwing INTs before. I should get to see most of that game and am hoping that early season Ponder somehow shows up before the game today. He wasn't GREAT in the early season, but he was extremely lucky. Sometimes luck is better than skill.

I'm really looking forward to the Packers and Bears and am SO hoping that the Bears lose. A Bear's loss and a Vikings win today brings us back to tied in the standings with two games to go. KNOWING we STILL have a shot at the playoffs and this is the 14th game of the season is unbelievable. I don't THINK it will happen, but at least it keeps us watching. If Peterson has a monster day today, it'll keep me watching as well.

The other game I can't wait to see? The Patriots and the Niners. IF the Patriots win it all this year, I won't be disappointed.

Denver /Baltimore and Dallas /Pittsburgh are some pretty good games as well. I'm hoping to see parts of them, too.

At the same time IF the Vikes are killed today and Peterson is held to 46 yards rushing, I'll pretty much call it a season. I'm a fan, not a fanactic.

I'm still most afraid that the Vikes will have 5 or 6 turnovers today (mostly from Ponder) and that every reason we might have to still watch the Vikings will die horribly in those turnovers.

Man, I wish we had a better quarterback.






No comments:

Post a Comment